In addition to current food safety practices, Queen’s Pasta has implemented the following health and safety measures to help protect employees, customers and the general public from Covid-19.
- Visitors are no longer permitted to enter the establishment unless special permission is given by senior management. This includes office areas, welfare areas, locker rooms, lunchroom, washrooms, storage rooms and processing rooms
- Scheduled visitors must sign in on the visitor log and they must follow the directed good manufacturing practices.
- Visitors that have traveled outside Canada are NOT permitted to enter the facility.
- Visitors must limit inter-facility travel. They must stay in the area of the facility that is indicated by senior management.
- Delivery drivers are NOT permitted to enter to the establishment. They MUST remain in their truck cabin at all times until the product is loaded/unloaded.
TRAVEL EXPOSURE HISTORY
All Employees/CFIA Inspector/Visitors & Contractors that have traveled outside of Canada or who have come into contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 (probable or confirmed cases) must self-isolate for 14 days.
EMPLOYEE SCREENING / SYMPTOMS MONITORING
- All Employees/CFIA Inspectors/Contractors have been advised to monitor themselves and instructed not to come to work if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- All employees have a body temperature screening in the morning and during production. If an employee shows a body temperature higher than 37.6°C, they are sent home immediately and advised to follow step 3. Temperature screening is documented for every employee.
- QA Department and Production Manager observe employees during production for COVID-19 symptoms and will instruct an employee to go home immediately and follow the Government of Canada Self-assessment available here.
- Employees/CFIA Inspectors/Visitors & Contractors must wash and sanitize their hands before entering the facility (main entrance) and production area.
- Employees immediately go to the warfare facilities where the must wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before they put their work apparel on.
PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT
- Employees/CFIA Inspectors/Visitors & Contractors must wear a face mask, face shield and disposable gloves provided by Queen’s Pasta.
Due to the size of our processing rooms, and our manufacturing steps, the recommended distancing of employees of 6 feet (2 m) is not possible in our processing rooms. However, good manufacturing and hygiene practices are followed by all employees and monitored by the QA Department during production. In addition, we have limited the number of employees in the lunchroom to a maximum of 6 at a time. Also, in the offices, we practice social distancing and meetings are limited to 4 people.
Queen’s Pasta has instructed their employees to sanitize food contact surfaces that are touched frequently (e.g. tables, utensils, etc.) at least twice per shift with the sanitizer solution provided by the QA Department. Other commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, phones, light switches, etc. are sanitized before start of operations, during production and at the end of production. There is also a pre-mixed sanitizer in the lunchroom, so employees can sanitize the tables, microwave, etc. before and after they use the lunchroom.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Covid-19 healthy and safety measures, please get in touch with us.